B.I.G. Baseball Academy has offered baseball programming in Chicago for 8 years and we have coached thousands of players of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Our focus is to give kids quality instruction in baseball and life. Through the great game of baseball, our coaching staff learned lessons about hard work and responsibility which are passed on each time they coach.
Over the past 8 years we have gone to numerous parks, gyms, and other facilities to provide baseball instruction to those who want to learn. Along with running programming from our own sites, this allows us to reach a wider range of people.
It has been our pleasure to offer free programming over the years and scholarship over half of our participants in 2013. We enjoy the ability to allow players of all backgrounds to participate in our programming. Quality programming for kids is not something that should be exclusive. It is for this reason we offer financial assistance and scholarships to those in need. Through generous donations we are able to fund free programming and give all kids the opportunity to learn and grow through baseball.
B.I.G. BASEBALL ACADEMY – ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
- Keronn Walker – CEO and President
- Micah Christensen – Chairman, B.I.G. Baseball Academy
- Nick Andriachhi – Director of Sales and Marketing at Damian Services Corporation
- Matthew Crowl – Schiff and Hardin, LLP
- Jared Davis – The Davis Group
- Tai Duncan – Flow Basketball Academy
- Duncan Harris – Attorney
- Jill Heise – Marketing Director, Huron Consulting Group
- Ryne Kirby – Financial Advisor, UBS
- Jeff Leslie – Clinical Professor of Law, University of Chicago
- Michael Levine – Associate Vice-President for Development, University of Chicago
- Bill Mc Namara – Director of International Sales, Conbraco Industries Inc.
- Jim Navarre – Mossing & Navarre, LLC
- Robert Parsons – Consultant
- Tim Peterson – Director of Business Development, Partner Channel at ANPI
- Tracy Harrison – Director at Deloitte
- Dr. John Renz – Professor of Surgery and Director of Liver Transplant Program, University of Chicago
- Bart Moy, Consultant
- Benjamin Shapiro – Mason Avenue Investments
- Steve Soble – CEO, Spare Time Chicago
- Philip Stamataky – Principal, Omni Investors Group
- Erika Swilley – Community Relations, Golden State Warriors
- Jason Tyler – Senior Vice-President, Head of Corporate Strategy Northern Trust Corporation
- Anthony Waller – CEO, Catering Out The Box
- Amber Walker – Commercial and Residential Real Estate Agent, Hansen Realty
- Anthony Williams, PhD Postdoctoral Scholar University of Chicago – Pritzker School of Medicine Section of Eurology
2009 Men’s Wooden Bat League players after another close game at IIT
10 players shown played college or professional baseball.